Growing In Unity Day Two



Good Morning My Creative Friends
Welcome to day Two of Growing In Unity.

Today I want to share a Project Life Card. I'm just starting out with PL and one of my favorite things to do is make my own PL cards using the tones of stamps I own. You can see my very first set of Unity Cards I made HERE. Today I'm using Unity Stamp Co. {bowl-full of comfort} stamp set. When I seen this stamp set at Unity I just knew I had to have it. And as I set in my craftroom I wonder what should I do. I didn't want to share another card I had shared that already. So I went through my photos for this year and found this picture of a soup I made for the first time. Now this was so yummy that both my girls asked for seconds. Now I wish I had remember the recipe because they keep asking for it. So yesterday I picked up some of the ingredients I thought I used just so I could try and remake it.
Wish me luck!!

 Enough talk HEREs my creation:
 I stamped my image on water colored paper and using my season distress markers to color it in. To give each bowl that ceramic look I used glossy accent. For the sentiment I did some masking. Instead of saying sending comfort by the bowl-ful I wanted it to say comfort by the bowl-full. And it turned out perfect.

Okay here's a closer look at my PL page for today. Where you see my 4x6 pocket it lift up so you can see the recipe. I haven't add the the ingredients or recipe yet because I'm recreating this dish today for dinner. Once I've master it I will go and add all the instruction and ingredients. By the way to get the glare off your pages when taking pictures try to scan your page. I hope to get a better picture when the sun is around. As you can see in both picture the pink color is off a lot. So I hope to have a better picture. 




Be sure to visit Unity Stamp Co. for my crafty inspiration.

Giveaway:
Courtesy of Unity Stamp Co. 
Unity Stamp Co. is giving one lucky person a chance to win TWO Itty Bitty Stamp of choice.

How to Win:
Simply leave a comment on any day of this week. 
{Come back each day and leave a comment for more chances to win.}

Be sure to visit day one HERE  for an extra chance to win. 

Come Back Saturday To See If Your The Lucky Winner!!




Comments

Unknown said…
What a smart way to use this stamp. I could have never think of using this itty bitty like you have used it. Way to go. (Y)
Anonymous said…
pretty nice blog, following :)
Berina RGA said…
this is very beautiful!! love how you have stamped and colored the image!! very nice!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Donna K said…
very clever, AJ! i have NOT arrived to the PL train as of yet, but i love seeing all of the inspiration! this is great. have a happy tuesday!
Gaylynn said…
It's great that you make your own pocket inserts. This one is cute with this page theme. :)
Amy E said…
I love that you're making your own PL cards AJ! That's going to be so much cheaper than buying those kits. I still have all that stuff I need to break out and start playing with! When are we going to craft?! Haha!!!
Kris B said…
Great PL card! Love the coloring and use of glossy accents! Love how you masked the sentiment to fit your project.
sharon g said…
The shininess of the bowls is great. What a nice addition. Thanks.
Always late to the party....LOL Congrats on your GIU week. Love the colors of your bowls. The glossy accent is perfect. Now on to today's post. :)
Anonymous said…
AJ~I love your card. Thanks for explaining each creative step. It's helpful. Hugs~Patti
Amber said…
Super cute! I love the glossy accent!
Denise Bryant said…
Love the glossy accents you used on the bowls!
Sue D said…
Perfect way to use this stamp and hope you are able to recreate your soup recipe.
Cynthia said…
Really fun layout, AJ. Perfect Unity image for your PL page.
Julie Odil said…
I love how they look like ceramic! Very pretty!
yum! i don't do project life but this is super cute and perfect for your bowl of soup! i am guilty of taking pics of food all the time! super cute!
What a cute idea for this stamp, I love it!
Scrappin' Diva said…
What a fun card and love that you used Glossy Accents to make the bowls look ceramic like!
Karenladd said…
Oh my gosh, this is so perfect for a layout about homemade soup! Fun colors and adorable image.
Waving My Wand said…
Oh my goodness. I'm hungry. Cute card..gosh that food looks good.
SHartl said…
I love to cook so this handmade PL card really appeals to me. Love the glossy accents on the bowls
JustYolie said…
I need scrapbook!! I love your pocket page...love the coloring of the stacked bowls. :)

Popular Posts