Scrapping Everyday Miracles: My Everyday Miracle Hidden Calling

Good Morning Everyone!!
An' Jenic here to bring you good news!
I'm so happy to share with you my first "My Everyday Miracle" post. 
Sometime in life we don't notice our "Everyday Miracles".  I can say this because I learned mines looking back into last year.

Hidden Calling
Called To Listen & Encourage Others
Called:
Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 

Encourage:
1 Thessalonians 5:11
11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up just as you are doing.

The  Value of a Friend:
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
9 Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
10 For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when their is not another to lift him up. 11 Furthermore if two lie down together they keep warm but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if one can overpower hi who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. 


As a military wife I met so many different woman. Some you grow bonds with and some friendship is made along the way. And some of those friendship is here for a season. I learned last year that not all friendships are made to stay around. I must admit I was a bit sadden to see some friendship slow step away. In the mist of all of this I learn that in all the friendships I've had I was always the one called to ENCOURAGE AND LISTEN. This was a hidden calling. Sometimes we miss the small callings looking for the big ones. God call use to do many task. Rather it be big or small we have a calling. We need to understand and recoranginaze our calling.  

During my living in the state of  Virginia I met amazing lady who hold a special spot in my heart. She has been a friend for five years but it seems like forever. She going though a lot right now in her life. And at times she will call and need words of encouragement and a listener. And as I set in my home I thought wow God has called me to be a friend, to listen and to encourage. In life we need others to encourage us and listen to us. Not everyone is cut out for this calling. I've learned since living in Washington sometimes God calls us to listen and encourage others in a friendship and that's all. I've come to pace knowing that I'm just that. Even if we meet for lunch or kids play together one or two times I'm called to encourage and listen. This can be a hard task to just give and not take, or sometimes wanting that friendship but only get so little back.  We must remember its a calling for Christ. We're to share his word and bring others closer to him. We have to be a light unto the world. And when you've done all that you can just stand on the word of the Lord. 

I leave you all with this bible verse

Colossians 3:23-24
23 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, 24 knowing that form the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ who you serve. 

Comments

stampingbowd said…
Great post!! I love all the scripture you added and the last one is one of my faves! TFS!!!
Renee Collier said…
Wonderful post An'Jenic! I truly understand where you're coming from in saying that your calling may be to be that comforting ear and shoulder. It does feel good to be able to be there for someone else, even when your own life has "bumps in the road." You will be blessed for it! Hugs, Renee
An'Jenic G. said…
Angie thank you for your comment and for stopping by. I too love this bible verse. It show that we should be more like Christ.
An'Jenic G. said…
HI Renee! Thanks for your sweet comment. I understand this call better than I did a year. It can be hard at times but I understand it. Thanks for visiting me today. HUGS.

Popular Posts